Equal Employment Opportunity
Provide quality EEO programs, services, training, and advice to the Fort Carson community that sustains a discrimination-free workplace.
The Model employer with a diverse and effective workforce founded upon equality of opportunity.
- Establish standards and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Advise all levels of management regarding EEO related issues.
- Process all EEO complaints of discrimination in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Provide proactive, on-going training and education programs regarding EEO and civilian employment issues.
- Develop and publicize Affirmative Employment Program (AEP) plans and manage implementation of the program.
- Direct, monitor and implement employment related career development actions for special emphasis groups.
- Develop and administer aggressive outreach strategies that promote mutually beneficial collaborative partnerships and relationships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), and Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs).
- Equal Employment Opportunity is institutionalized as an integral part of the Fort Carson mission.
- A work environment free from unlawful discrimination.
- A workforce that values diversity.
- EEO experts, who are responsive to the concerns of the Fort Carson leaders and employees.