- How do I file/submit a complaint to an Inspector General?
- A complaint, allegation, and/or request for assistance can be presented to an IG in person, by telephone, fax, mail or email email@example.com
- What is an IGAR?
- Inspector General Action Request (IGAR): IGAR is the term used to refer to the process of receiving, inquiring into, recording, and responding to complaints or requests either brought directly to the Inspector General or referred to the Inspector General for action. Inspectors General record this information on DA Form 1559, Inspector General Action Request.
- Who can submit an IGAR?
- Rights of FC Personel Filing IG Complaints
- Can I obtain the results of an IG's investigation/inquiry (IG records) that I initiated or that was initiated against me?
- a. Requests for IG records can be for official use or be a request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Requests for IG records must be in writing and submitted for action to The U.S. Army Inspector General Agency (SAIG–ZXR), 1700 Army Pentagon, Room 1E132, Washington, DC 20310–1700, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- b. Requests for an "Official Use" release must be in writing and reasonably identify the IG records sought (that is, the name of the complainant or subject, date of the investigation, where the IG investigation was conducted, and so forth). The request must also state the specific purpose or intended use of the IG records. Persons and agencies may ask to obtain IG records for official use by providing their local detailed IG, or the IG office of record, a written request that clearly states the reason they need the IG records.
- c. Procedures for requesting records under the FOIA for nonofficial use are as follows:
- DAIG's Records Release Office is the only component of DAIG designated to receive and process FOIA requests. IG field offices and DAIG divisions should direct FOIA requestors to submit their requests directly to DAIG's Records Release Office.
- Requests must be submitted in writing or via email and reasonably identify the IG records sought. When possible, IGs will assist requestors in identifying the specific information they are seeking, thereby limiting the volume of records copied and processed for release.
- Requests for IG records under the FOIA must comply with AR 25–55.
- Requests may be submitted directly to the Fort Carson, CO FOIA Coordinator at Daniel.email@example.com or you can contact (719) 526-2114 for more information. Request must be in writing, clear statement of what you are requesting, time period of the complaint, return address, contact phone number and email address, and signed. An IG who receives a FOIA request will forward the scanned original request and responsive record to DAIG's Records Release Office via encrypted e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax within 2 working days.