Our Mission

The Fort Carson Claims Office is a consolidated office staffed by friendly & competent officers, enlisted & civilian employees. We provide professional resolution of claims filed against the United States government & asserts claims on behalf of the United States government against responsible parties.

Our Mission

We are committed to providing fair, prompt & quality claims services to the military communities under our jurisdiction ( Colorado, Utah & Wyoming.)

Operating Hours:

Monday - Friday: 9am-4pm (Closed for lunch noon - 1pm)
Training holidays & federal holidays: Closed

Mailing Address:

ATTN: Claims
1633 Mekong Street, Building 6222
Fort Carson, Colorado 80913-4143

Graphic Representation of Gold Page-break with  a start in the cenr

The Personnel Claims Section

The Personnel Claims Section receives, investigates, adjudicates & settles all claims filed by active-duty service members, Department of the Army civilians, DOD civilian employees who are not employees of the Department of the Navy, Air Force, or U.S. Marine Corps, the members of the USAR or the ARNG performing inactive-duty training or active-service & civilian employees of the ARNG funded under 32 U.S.C. ยง 709. For further information or assistance, please contact the Claims Division by telephone at (719) 526-1355 or DSN 691-1355.

Claim Services Include:

Personnel Claims (P-Claims) Process

Welcome - from the Fort Carson SJA Claims Office

Household Goods/Hold Baggage

POV Damage During Shipping at Governments Expense

Losses Incident to Service - Other than vehicle

Losses Incident to Service - Vehicle: vandalism, theft, etc.

Claims Against Service Members - Under Article 139 UCMJ

Graphic Representation of Gold Page-break with  a start in the cenr

Tort Claims

The Tort Section receives, investigates & resolves claims filed against the United States under the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. 2671-2680) & various other claim statutes. The Tort Section is responsible for incidents that occur in Colorado, Utah & Wyoming. For further information or assistance, please contact the Tort Section by telephone at (719) 526-1342 or DSN 691-1342.

Possible claims filed by civilians:

Medical Malpractice
Slip & Fall Incidents
Traffic Accidents - involving a government driver/vehicle
Other personal injury & property damage - caused by the negligence of a government employee acting within the scope of his or her duties

A Soldier may file a property damage claim when:

His/Her vehicle is struck by an Army employee driving a government vehicle


Report for Injury - Form

Authority to File a Claim on Behalf of a Business or Corporation

Instructions for Filing a Claim Against the United States
Graphic Representation of Gold Page-break with a start in the center

The Claims Recovery Section

The Claims Recovery Section recovers money from carriers who are responsible for moving Soldiers' & civilians' household goods from a previous residence to a new residence.There are rules & regulations governing what amounts can be recovered from the carriers, which fall under a memorandum of understanding between the carriers & the government. For further information or assistance, please contact the Claims Recovery Section at (719) 526-1346.

Affirmative Claims

The Affirmative Claims Section initiates action to recover the cost of medical care provided by Military Treatment Facilities (MTF's) & TRICARE (civilian care). Pursuant to the Federal Medical Care Recovery Act, this section can recover money when active-duty Soldiers, their dependents & retirees are injured.

Automotive accidents, assaults, dog bites, workman's compensation, slip & falls & civilian medical malpractice are all circumstances where the Government may recover all or a part of the of the cost of medical care. In many instances, we are able to recover lost wages for Soldiers who areon convalescent leave. This money is then returned to their unit O&M fund for mission enhancement & future training.

This section also recovers the cost of property damage or loss to U.S. Government property from responsible third-party individuals. This money is then returned to the Department of Public Works (DPW), which enables them to provide better quality living for all those individuals who work and visit the Fort Carson community.

If you or your dependents have received medical care at Government expense, have been injured at the negligence of a third party or you are aware of damage to Government property, please notify the Affirmative Claims Section. For further information or assistance, please contact the Affirmative Claims Section at (719) 526-1381 or DSN 691-1381.

More Information:

Rental Car on TDY

Barracks Move Options

Medical Care Recovery Claims

Claims for Theft & Vandalism

Full Replacement Value (FRV) Claims

OCIE-TA50 Claims: Government Property Missing from Household Goods/Hold Baggage

Graphic Representation of Gold Page-break with  a start in the cenr

Website Information: This web page is for informational purposes only & is not meant to constitute legal advice. The information contained on these pages is general & the law may apply differently in specific situations. You may contact the CARSON Web Master by e-mail for answers to questions/concerns about the website.

***Back To Top*** Graphic Representation of Gold Page-break with  a start in the cenr