Frequently Asked Questions
- Who do I contact if I have a problem with my utility bill in housing?
- Balfour Beatty Community Management Office should be contacted with inquiries. Residents should contact Energy Billing Systems in reference to payment questions, or questions about the bill format.
- What about the playgrounds on the installation that are boarded up and are laden with graffiti?
- Balfour Beatty has some replacement equipment on order and therefore some areas will be boarded up until the pieces arrive for safety. Our facilities and leasing teams will improve upon efforts to inspect playgrounds more frequently.
- Is there something we can do about dogs barking late at night and early in the morning in the housing areas?
- Please file a complaint with the leasing specialist for your neighborhood. Habitual offenders will be discussed with animal control and we will make efforts to enforce our pet policies consistently.
- Trash is not being picked up regularly in the housing area playgrounds leading to overflow.
- The trash contract will be re-bid and until then, BBC will pick up the trash.
Police and Emergency Services
- Is there a method of tracking repeat offenders of the installation child supervision policy?
- Balfour Beatty Communities, PMO and the Garrison are working together to develop a better tracking procedure. If the community has questions, or needs to report an incident, call 526-2333 – this line is recorded and answered.
- The roads on the installation are dilapidated and dangerous, can we expect them to be fixed?
- With all of the construction projects happening on post right now, traffic is sometimes heavier on some roads more than others and we have a lot of work to do. Please call pot holes and dangerous roads in as you see them, and they will be fixed. If it is in a housing area, please call it in to the housing work order desk.