- When road conditions are green, roads are clear.
- When road conditions are amber, roads are snow packed and icy in spots.
- When road conditions are red, roads are snowpacked or icy across large portions of the surface, snow is falling at a rate that exceeds the ability to keep roads clear or high winds and snowfall are causing low visibility.
- When the reporting status is green, the installation is open. There are no delays in reporting; all military and civillian personnel report at normal times.
- When the reporting status is white, the possibility of severe weather on FCCO or in the surrounding area is high. REPORTING STATUS WHITE does not authorize a blanket delay or installation closure, but provides flexibility for the safety of employees. During a REPORTING STATUS WHITE, supervisors have the delegated authority to authorize administrative or annual leave for their employees based on individual situations; safety of employees is the paramount concern. Supervisors will allow a liberal leave policy for any employees that, based on their assessment of conditions at their residence/current location and communication with their supervisor, are unable to safely commute to duty or need to depart early to safely commute home.
- When the reporting status is red, the threat of severe weather on FCCO or in the surrounding area is imminent or ongoing. Phased arrival or phased release is in effect for all non-mission essential personnel and ends at the time stated in the announcement (for phased arrival) or starts at the time stated in the announcement (for phased release). The Fort Carson Operations Center will establish the end time or beginning time for the REPORTING STATUS RED based on weather conditions throughout the Colorado Springs area, current road conditions, and estimated time when major roads will be clear and safe for travel. The end time for a phased arrival is the latest time an employee may report for duty, regardless of group, and allows for safe travel time for the employee. Supervisors of civilian employees will grant administrative leave for the time period covered by the REPORTING STATUS RED. Employees that do not report to work by the phased arrival time and/or who choose to leave prior to the effective start time for phased release will be charged annual leave or leave without pay for any time period not covered by the REPORTING STATUS RED. The charge of leave is at the supervisor’s discretion.