Lt. Col. Robert B. McNellis is a native of Helena, Montana. He received his commission as a second lieutenant through Army ROTC at Gonzaga University in 1999, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice. He also earned a Masters of Arts Degree from Webster University in Business and Organizational Security Management in 2004.
His assignments include: Executive officer to J3 and force protection officer, Joint Force Command, Naples, Italy; brigade executive officer, 4th MEB, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; battalion executive officer and S3, 92nd Military Police Bn., Fort Leonard Wood; chief, Command and Tactics Division, USAMPS, Fort Leonard Wood; chief, Military Police Basic Officer Leadership Course, USAMPS, Fort Leonard Wood; small group leader, Military Police Captains Career Course, USAMPS, Fort Leonard Wood; company commander, 57th MP Company, Korea/Iraq/Hawaii; battalion S1, 728th MP Bn.; assistant S3, 728th MP Bn., Camp Henry, Korea; provost marshal operations officer, 1st MP Brigade, Fort Lewis, Washington; rear detachment commander and platoon leader, 66th MP Company, Fort Lewis; platoon leader, 2nd MP Company, Camp Casey, South Korea.
His operational deployments include: battalion executive officer and battalion S3, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan, (2011-2012); team leader, Task Force Reconstitution, Iraq, (2009); company commander, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, (2006-2007). His military education includes: Battalion Troop Commander Development Course (2016), Battalion Pre-Command Course (2016), Command and General Staff College (2012), Army Senior Instructor Certification (2010), Army Basic Instructor Course (2008), Combined Arms and Services Staff School (2004), Military Police Captains Career Course (2003), Equal Opportunity Leaders Course (2001), Military Police Officer Basic Course (2000), Combating Terrorism on Military Installations (1999), and Airborne School (1996).
McNellis’ awards and decorations include: Bronze Star Medal (one oak leaf cluster), Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal (two oak leaf clusters), Army Commendation Medal (one oak leaf cluster), Army Achievement Medal (one oak leaf cluster), National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal (2 CS), Iraq Campaign Medal (2 CS), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon (Numeral 5), NATO Medal, Meritorious Unit Commendation (one oak leaf cluster), Combat Action Badge, German Armed Forces Badge (Gold), and Basic Parachutist Badge.
Battalion Command Sergeant Major
Command Sgt. Maj. Gregory M. Kleinholz is a native of Cincinnati, Ohio. He enlisted in 1994 and completed Military Police One Station Unit Training at Fort McClellan, Alabama.
His assignments include: gunner and driver, 188th MP Company, Camp Walker, Korea; team leader, 209th MP Company, Fort McClellan; squad leader, Fort McClellan MP Company, Fort McClellan; team leader and section leader, Fort Knox MP Company, Fort Knox, Kentucky; squad leader, 2nd MP Company, 2nd Infantry Division, Camp Casey, Korea; drill sergeant, Company C, 787th MP Bn., Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; operation sergeant, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 14th MP Brigade, Fort Leonard Wood; platoon sergeant and operation sergeant, 549th MP Company, Fort Stewart, Georgia; first sergeant, Company A, 795th MP Bn., Fort Leonard Wood; course chief, Military Police Advance Leader Course, MSCoE NCOA, Fort Leonard Wood; student, United States Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, TX; brigade S3 SGM, 14th MP Bde., Fort Leonard Wood.
His Operational/Combat deployments include: Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-06 and Operation Enduring Freedom 08-09.
His military and civilian education includes every level of Noncommissioned Officer Professional NCOPD culminating with the United States Army Sergeant Major Academy (Class 64), Combat Lifesaver’s Course, Cheju Do Mountaineering and Rappelling, Protective Services Training, Hostage Negotiations, Combating Terrorism on Military Installations, Drill Sergeant School Course, Police Transition Team Course, Instructor Faculty Development Course, Law Enforcement Senior Leader Course, First Sergeant Course and the Master Resiliency Course. He earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Safety Management from Franklin University and a Master in Business Administration and Human Resource Management from Columbia Southern University.
Kleinholz’s awards and decorations include: Bronze Star Medal (one oak leaf cluster), Meritorious Service Medal (four oak leaf clusters), Army Commendation Medal (three oak leaf clusters), Army Achievement Medal (one oak leaf cluster), Good Conduct Medal (seventh award), National Defense Service Medal (second award), Afghanistan Campaign Medal (1 CS), Iraqi Campaign Medal (2 CS), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon (Numeral 4), Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon (Numeral 4), NATO Medal, Joint Meritorious Unit Award, Meritorious Unit Commendation, Combat Action Badge, Drill Sergeant Identification Badge, and the Driver’s Badge.
Kleinholz is an active member of the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club.
The 759th Military Police Battalion was constituted 19 August 1942 in the Army of the United States and activated 15 September 1942 at Fort Ontario, New York. The cadre was comprised of four officers and one hundred and seven enlisted Soldiers from the 712th Military Police Battalion and three officers from the Provost Marshal General School at Fort Ogelthorpe, Georgia. The battalion remained at Fort Ontario undergoing training until March 1943 when it moved to New York City and was engaged in dock security.
In April, the battalion moved to Fort Dix, New Jersey, where it underwent intensive training and acted as escort for prisoners of war trains. The end of July found the battalion enroute to Camp Patrick Henry, VA. Here the battalion was organized into prisoner of war teams of one officer and thirty two enlisted Soldiers, and by late August, all were overseas in Oran, Algeria except a skeleton headquarters of five officers and sixteen enlisted Soldiers. In Algeria, MPs were assigned to patrol Oran and the villages nearby, handle traffic control for trucks moving in and out of the port, and guarding supply facilities and POW collection points that were scattered all the way to Bizerte, Algeria. Late October 1943, two prisoner of war teams returned and the rear detachment moved to Fort Dix, NJ and prepared for the expected return of the rest of the prisoner of war teams. However, the remainder of the battalion deployed December 15, 1943 to Oran, Algeria.
On December 28,1943, the battalion sailed for Naples, Italy for duty with the 5th Army where it was billeted in the stables of the "King's Palace". The battalion moved after the 5th Army through Capua and Sessa and on June 10, 1944, they participated in General Clark's Grand Parade through the streets of Rome.
Continuing with the 5th Army, performing traffic control and general security missions, the battalion moved on through Rome to Siena. Here on July 19, orders were received for the battalion to return to Naples. Duty with the 5th Army was completed and the battalion was assigned to the 7th Army for the impending invasion of Southern France. On July 21, the battalion was in bivouac below Anzio and the next morning the companies left for their respective assignments, each being assigned to provide security and traffic control on the various landing beaches. The successful landing was made with only two fatalities, PFC Ralph C. Carter, and PFC Pasquale A. Sergio, both of Company "B", 759th MP Battalion.
In October 1944, the 36th Infantry along with the 759th MP Battalion rushed northward towards the Ardennes, to link with General Bradley's 12th Army Group. The battalion was stationed just south of Bastogne to provide traffic control for General Patton's supply vehicles as they prepared for the upcoming battle. On January, 1 1945, German soldiers dressed in American uniforms and speaking english attempted to infiltrate American lines. Military Police from the 759th help thwart this attempt and their alertness helped allow General Bradley's armada to breakthrough enemy lines.
From the Ardennes, the 759th Military Police Battalion moved towards the Rhine River with General Patton's Third and General Patch's Seventh Armies. The MPs were spread throughout several locations including Mannheim, Heidelberg, and Phorzeim, ahead of the infantry, setting up patrols and directing traffic. VE Day found the battalion in possession of five Battle stars for the campaigns in Italy (Naples-Foggia, Rome-Arno), Southern France (with arrowhead), Rhineland, and Central Europe.
From VE Day until early October 1945, the battalion engaged in reorganization and training, a large portion of the battalion attending MP School at Bar-Le-Duc, France. During this period there were many personnel changes in the battalion, as "high point" Soldiers left for the States and were replaced by "low point" Soldiers. The battalion was tentatively scheduled for duty in the Pacific theater, then for re-deployment, but finally in mid October 1945 the 759th MP Battalion was chosen for what was considered the prize assignment of the occupation, relocation to the city of Berlin. The Battalion coined the phrase "Law East of the Elbe", that lasted until the US occupation ended in 1989 after the collapse of the Berlin Wall.
By the end of October 1945, the move to Berlin was completed and the 759th Military Police Battalion relieved the 713th Military Police Battalion of duty. Headquarters, "A", and "C" Companies were billeted at 86-89 Kaiserallee, "B" Company at 10 Geygerstrasse and "D" Company at 10 Scharfestrasse. Companies "A", "B", and "D" were the patrol companies and Company "C" the service company, furnishing all escorts, the interior guard for the Command Post and maintaining the Motor Pool at Kaiserallee. In April 1947, the battalion moved to Roosevelt Barracks. The four line companies were assigned patrol areas and HQ Company personnel assumed responsibility for escorts, special details and operation of the Military Police District Headquarters. One of the initial duties assigned to the battalion was the training and equipping of a cadre of German police. The battalion kitchens also fed the local populace and organized German American Youth Clubs.
On October 20, 1947, the 759th Military Police Battalion was re-designated the 759th Military Police Service Battalion.
In 1948, the battalion assisted in the Berlin Airlift during the Soviet blockade of the city. The Battalion served so well during the blockade of the city, that the memorial "Luftbrucke" which was subsequently built to commemorate the event is included on the Distinctive Unit Insignia of the 759th Military Police Battalion.
In August 1949, the 513th Military Police Service Platoon and the 18th Military Police Service Platoon was formed as a provisional company and designated Company "E" with duties of interior guard of the Berlin Military Police Headquarters Compound.
In March 1950, the battalion prepared to move from Roosevelt Barracks to McNair Barracks in the city of Berlin. "A" Company made the initial move on March 29, 1950. The movement of the entire battalion was not completed until June 11, 1950. At that time all company messes were abolished and a Battalion Consolidated Mess, which had been partially operating since April 28, 1950, was officially established.
The Battalion Motor Pool was established in Andrews Barracks and remained the motorpool for the Military Police until the inactivation of Berlin Brigade. Early in March 1950, the battalion was relieved of some of its military police commitments by Company "C", 382nd Military Police Service Battalion, stationed in Bremerhaven, Germany, the 526th Military Police Service Company, stationed in Hanau, Germany and the 511th Military Police Service Platoon, stationed in Mannheim, Germany. These organizations, augmented by the 513th and 18th Military Police Service Platoons, assumed the military police functions of Berlin Military Post, and the battalion went into intensive tactical training. On June 1, 1950, the battalion resumed its police duties in Berlin.
On November 20, 1950, the 18th and 513th Military Police Service Platoons were inactivated and the 759th Military Police Service Battalion was redesignated the 759th Military Police Battalion under TO&E 19-55, 19-56, 19-57, less Company "D". On November 24, 1950, the Horse Platoon, previously attached to the 16th Constabulary Squadron was deactivated and personnel and all equipment were transferred to the 759th Military Police Battalion. The personnel remained intact as a Provisional Horse Platoon with authorization for one officer, thirty-seven Soldiers and fifty-two horses.
In addition to the battalion's primary military function of policing Berlin, it also operated the Post Provisional Guardhouse, and two checkpoints on the corridor through the Soviet Zone. One checkpoint was located at the Hemelin Bridge (Check Point Bravo) in Berlin and the other was at Helmstedt, Germany (Check Point Alpha-within the British Sector of Northern Germany). A Highway Patrol Section with three patrol sedans patrolled the corridor from Berlin to Helmstedt. The battalion was inactivated on November 2, 1953 in Berlin, Germany.
Reactivation — 2000
The Battalion was activated again on June 6, 1968 at Fort Dix, New Jersey and reorganized on November 2, 1970. At the time, the battalion consisted of HHD, the 412th Military Police Company, 511th Military Police Company and the 555th Military Police Company. The primary missions of the battalion included law enforcement, support Fort Dix Oplans as directed by the Commanding General, and provide operational support to the U.S. Army Training Center at Fort Dix as directed by the Commanding General.
On March 14, 1972, the 532nd MP Company was attached to the 759th MP Battalion. The company was reassigned in 1980 to the US Army Training Center at Fort Dix, New Jersey. On June 3, 1974, the 555th MP Company was transferred to Fort Lee, VA. On September 19, 1978, the 412th MP Company was detached from the battalion and reassigned to control of headquarters, Department of the Army and later relocated to Fort Polk, Louisiana. The Battalion supported Cuban resettlement operations in 1980 and 1981 at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin.
By 1984, the composition of the Battalion had changed and consisted of HHD, 511th MP Company, D/39th ENG, 363rd Trans Company, and the 556th MED Company. In October 1986, the 556th Medical Company was inactivated and on August 14, 1987, the 363rd Transportation Company was also inactivated.
The 759th Military Police Battalion was relocated to Fort Carson, Colorado in 1987. The 984th MP Company came under control of the battalion upon arrival to Ft. Carson. D Company 39th Engineer Battalion remained at Fort Dix. From August 6, 1990 to December 4, 1990, HHD and the 984th MP Company deployed to Panama in support of Operation Promote Liberty. Their mission was to protect U.S. citizens, U.S. property, and U.S. interests in support of the nation building process.
In 1991, the Battalion deployed in support of Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm. The battalion was awarded the Meritorious Unit Commendation and Streamer embroidered SOUTHWEST ASIA. From 1992-1993, the 984th MP Company deployed to Somalia in support of Operation Restore Hope. The company was awarded the Joint Meritorious Unit Award. On October 20, 1993, the 59th MP Company moved from Germany to Fort Carson and was assigned to the 759th MP Battalion.
From 1992-1993, the 984th MP Company deployed to Somalia in support of Operation Restore Hope. The company was awarded the Joint Meritorious Unit Award. On October 20, 1993, the 59th MP Company moved from Germany to Fort Carson and was assigned to the 759th MP Battalion. From Sep 9, 1994 to Jan 23, 1995, HHD and the 59th MP Company deployed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Their mission was to provide humanitarian and civil affairs operations in support of Cuban and Haitian migrant camps. For their efforts, the battalion was awarded the Joint Meritorious Unit Award and Streamer embroidered GUANTANAMO BAY.
On Jun 16, 1998, Company A of the Garrison Military Police was redesignated as the 148th Military Police Detachment, and began operations as a deployable Military Police unit under the 759th. In 1999, the 759th MP Battalion was awarded the Superior Unit Citation for distinguishing itself by deploying and redeploying subordinate units and individual soldiers in support of two major contingency operations, three major training exercises, and numerous Secretary of Defense and United States Army Forces Command support missions, while simultaneously providing force protection and law enforcement support of the Fort Carson community.
2000 — Operation Iraqi Freedom
The 984th MP Company deployed to Bosnia in September 2000 in support of SFOR7 assisting in multiple airlifts. Following September 11, 2001, the battalion deployed to the Military District of Washington in support of Operation Noble Eagle. There they provided security to the Pentagon.
In September 2002, the 984th MP Company deployed to Guantanamo Bay Cuba in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Soldiers provided security at the detention facilities and were involved in multiple air-bridge missions to Afghanistan. The company was awarded the Joint Meritorious Unit Commendation.
In 2003, the 59th MP Company deployed to Baghdad, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The company was located at Camp Victory and conducted numerous patrols in the vicinity of the camp as both law enforcement and combat operations. The company redeployed in April 2004.
In January 2004, the Battalion deployed to Baghdad, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II. Upon arrival into theater, the battalion was put in charge of numerous Iraqi Police stations on the east side of the Tigris River. The augmented battalion consisted of HHD, the 984th MP Company, the 630th MP Company, the 571st MP Company, the 272nd MP Company, the 415th MP Detachment (USAR), G Battery (1-258 FA) and C Battery ( 3-112 FA). Soldiers provided training to the Iraqi Police in areas of force protection, patrolling, and station operations.
In April 2004, the 984th Military Police Company closed down the Al-Hawza newspaper station that belonged to Al-Sadr for printing anti-coalition propaganda. As a result of that operation, Sadr's military force, the Mahdi Army, began attacking Iraqi Police Stations. Soldiers from the battalion began manning these stations 24 hours a day in effort to repel these attacks. By June 2004, most of the companies in the battalion were out of police stations and began conducting area security operation throughout the city.
In October 2004, the battalion jumped TOC to the Abu Ghraib Prison to support the 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion and First Cavalry Division in Fallujah. Soldiers from the 984th MP Company and 630th MP Company provided security to the major access roads into Fallujah, allowing freedom of movement for coalition forces. Here, several Soldiers were awarded Purple Hearts for wounds received on patrol. The battalion redeployed in January/February 2005 and was awarded the Meritorious Unit Commendation.
The Lone Sentinel Battalion once again was called upon to Iraq in Support of OIF 06-08 departing Fort Carson on 24 August 2006 and serving in Iraq until their redeployment on 12 November 2007. The 759th MP Battalion was the first MP Battalion to endure the 15 month deployment. Task Force Lone Sentinel consisted of 17 companies and over 2000 Soldiers that included Military Police, Infantry, and Field Artillery units.
Serving alongside the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2d Infantry Division, and the 2Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division in East Baghdad, the 759th oversaw the equipping and training of the Iraqi Police in over 60 Iraqi Police Stations there and elements of 759th also served in Kalsu, Babil, Iskandaria, Diwaniyah, and Al Kut. The Task Force logged over 1,000,000 miles on the road and conducted over 60,000 combat patrols during their combat service in Iraq. The 984th MP Company deployed in September 2006 remaining deployed until December 2007 serving in the Quadasiyah and Wassit Provinces south of Baghdad. In July 2007, the 59th Military Police Company deployed as a part of the infamous US Forces "Surge" effort, serving with Task Force Lone Sentinel until the Battalion Colors redeployed in November 2007. The 59th "Warriors" MP Company served in the Salman Pak and Nahrwan Districts of South East Baghdad.
While deployed, the Battalion Family Readiness Group (compromised of the Battalion Steering Committee and the respective company FRGs) along with the elements remained behind at Fort Carson, continued to demonstrate great resolve, by leading the way in the Fort Carson Community with enormous participation in installation events, volunteer hours supporting the unit and the community, and in their efforts as a self reliant and motivated group of Army Families, Spouses, Soldiers, parents and loved ones. The unit established a battalion CARE Team to oversee the response and assistance needed to support families of lost or severely wounded Lone Sentinel Soldiers. The 759th MP Battalion established a Virtual FRG Site on the Internet enabling Family and Friends from all over the world to stay up to date on all of the activities and news happening in Task Force Lone Sentinel and within the battalion remaining at home station. The FRG made enormous strides in connecting National Guard, CONUS, and OCONUS based units with the unit and its membership. The 759th MP Battalion initiated the "Lone sentinel University" for the first time, making a concerted effort to ensure Soldiers and Families were properly re-integrated after separation of over 15 months. The training included education for Spouses, Soldiers, and for Lone Sentinel children.
The HHD Redeployed on 12 November 2007 (Veteran's Day) and the 984th MP Company returned on 14/15 December 2007, just in time for the Christmas Holiday. OIF 06-08 was a textbook demonstration of the integration of Soldier, Family, and Unit in a unified manner to support all within the Lone Sentinel Family. Continual training, communication exercises, and updating of Family Alert procedures were instrumental in the overall success of the deployment both forward and in the rear.
The 759th Military Police Battalion remains one of the premier Military Police Battalions of the United States Army. Stationed at the "Mountain Post" of Fort Carson, Colorado it has a reputation as a "unit of choice" and is constantly called upon by the installation and the Army for the most demanding and important of missions. The Soldiers and Families take great pride in their symbolic requirement to "Hold the Gate" and the enormous responsibility associated with being a "Lone Sentinel."
Today, the 759th Military Police Battalion "Lone Sentinel" consists of the HHD, 148th Military Police Detachment, 59th Military Police Company, 110th Military Police Company, the 984th Military Police Company, the 127th Military Police Company and a long line of dedicated Volunteers, Family Members, Department of the Army Civilian Police, and enormously dedicated friends of the command.
759 HQ "Watchmen"
The 759th Military Police Battalion was constituted 19 August 1942 in the Army of the United States and activated 15 September 1942 at Fort Ontario, New York. On December 28, 1943, the Battalion sailed for Naples, Italy for duty with the 5th Army where it was billeted in the stables of the "King's Palace." The Battalion moved after the 5th Army through Capua and Sessa and on June 10, 1944, they participated in General Clark's Grand Parade through the streets of Rome.
In October of 1944, the 759th MP Battalion moved northward towards the Ardennes to link up with General Bradley's 12th Army Group. The Battalion was stationed just south of Bastogne to provide traffic control for General Patton's supply vehicles. From the Ardennes, the unit moved toward the Rhine River with General Patton's Third and General Patch's Seventh Armies. VE Day found the Battalion in possession of five Battle Stars for the campaigns in Italy, Southern France, Rhineland, and Central Europe.
On October 20, 1947, the 759th MP Battalion was re-designated the 759th Military Police Service Battalion. In 1948, the Battalion assisted in the Berlin Airlift during the Soviet blockade of the city. The unit was inactivated on November 2, 1953 in Berlin Germany, but was activated again on June 6, 1968 at Fort Dix, New Jersey and reorganized on November 2, 1970.
The 759th MP Battalion was relocated to Fort Carson, CO in 1987. From 6 August 1990 to 4 December 1990, HHD deployed to Panama in support of Operation Promote Liberty. In 1991, the Battalion deployed in support of Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm. From 9 Sep 1994 to 23 Jan 1995, HHD deployed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to provide humanitarian aid in support of Cuban and Haitian migrant camps.
From January 28, 2004 to January 1, 2005, the 759th MP BN deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II. The Battalion deployed for a second time during OIF 06-08 from August 26, 2006 to November 12, 2007.
Campaign Participation Credit
World War II
- Southern France (with arrowhead)
- Central Europe
- Defense of Saudi Arabia
- Liberation and Defense of Kuwait
- Operation Noble Eagle
- OIF 06-08
- Afghanistan OEF X
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award, 1994, Streamer embroidered GUANTANAMO BAY
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), 06 November 1990 through 17 April 1991, Streamer embroidered, SOUTHWEST ASIA
- Army Superior Unit Award, 01 June 1996 through 31 December 1997
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), 30 January 2004 through 10 December 2004
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), August 2006 through August 2007, OIF 06-08 (pending approval)
59th MP "Warriors"
The Army of the United States constituted the 59th Military Police Company on 30 November 1943 and activated it on 1 December 1943 in North Africa. Shortly after World War II, the 59th Military Police Company was inactivated at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey on 28 October 1945. The 59th Military Police Company was again reactivated to the regular Army at Fort Dix, New Jersey on 13 October, 1950, only to be inactivated again on 2 May 1955 in Korea. It was reactivated on 1 June 1957 in Germany and deactivated there on 30 March 1971. Once again the 59th Military Police Company was activated in Germany on 21 June 1977. The 59th Military Police Company moved from Germany to Fort Carson, Colorado on 20 October 1993.
During World War II, the 59th Military Police Company participated in the Naples-Foggia and Rome-Arno Campaigns. In Korea, the company participated on the CCF Intervention, the first United Nations summer-fall offensive, the second Korea winter, the Korea summer-fall 1952 campaign, the third Korean winter, and the Korea summer 1953 campaign. The 59th Military Police Company has received three Meritorious Unit Commendation Awards, one for Korea 1950-1952; one for Korea 1953; and finally one for Korea 1953-1954. The 59th Military Police Company has also received one Presidential Unit Citation for its performance in Korea from 1 August 1952 through 30 September 1953.
The 59th Military Police Company has participated in a number of contingency deployments, to include the Cuban Refugee Resettlement at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin, 1980; JTF-B Honduras Rotations 1986-88/95-96; Operation Promote Liberty in Panama, 1990; Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm, 1990-91; Operation Restore Hope, Somalia, 1992-93; Operation Joint Endeavor and Joint Guard, Bosnia 1996-97/98-99; Operations Desert Shift/Enduring Freedom, Saudi Arabia, 2001-2002, Operation Iraqi Freedom I 2003-2004 receiving the FORSCOM Eagle Award , Operation Iraqi Freedom 04-06 from 2005-2006 and finally Operation Iraqi Freedom 07-09 from 2007-2008.
Campaign Participation Credit
World War II
- Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm 1990-1991
- OEF 2001-2002 Saudi Arabia/ OIF I, 04-06, 07-09
- Meritorious Unit Commendation Award; Korea 1950-1952
- Korea 1953, Korea 1953-1954
- Presidential Unit Citation; Korea 1952-1953
- FORSCOM Eagle Award 2004, 2008
- J.P. Holland Award 2008
69th MP "Wardogs"
Constituted 08 Nov 1950 and allocated to the Regular Army as the 69th Military Police Criminal Investigation Detachment.
Activated 5 December 1950 at Denver, Colorado
Reorganized 8 October 1954 as the 69th Military Police Detachment (Criminal Investigation)
Inactivated 25 March 1962 at Denver, Colorado
Activated 25 December 1964 at Kaiserslautern, Germany
Inactivated 30 March 1971 in Germany
Activated 16 October 2012 at Fort Carson, Colorado
Campaign Participation Credit
March 03, 2016
The 69th has had handlers deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Egypt, Honduras
110th MP "Hell Raisers"
Constituted 25 November 1942 in the Army of the United States as the 1110th Military Police Company
Activated 1 January 1943 at Robins Field, Warner Robins, Georgia
Inactivated 31 December 1945 in Germany
Redesignated 24 November 1965 as the 110th Military Police Company and allotted to the Regular Army
Activated 1 January 1966 in Korea
Inactivated 15 December 1978 in Korea
Activated 16 September 1982 in Germany
Inactivated 15 February 1991 in Germany
Activated 16 October 2004 at Fort Hood, Texas
Campaign Participation Credit
World War II
- Northern France
- Central Europe
- Valorous Unit Award, Streamer embroidered AFGHANISTAN 2003
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), EUROPEAN THEATER
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered IRAQ 2005-2006
- Army Superior Unit Award, Streamer embroidered 1983-1985
- Army Superior Unit Award, Streamer embroidered 1990
- Army Superior Unit Award, Streamer embroidered 2006
127th MP "Speed and Power"
Constituted 30 April 1942 in the United States Army as Company B, 802d Military Police Battalion. The Company was activated on 20 June 1942 at Camp Livingston, Louisiana. The Unit served in Cairo, Egypt during World War II. They were later re-organized and re-designated as the 127th Military Police Company on 6 September 1945. The unit was inactivated 28 February 1946 at Cairo, Egypt. The unit was again re-activated on 1 August 1966 at Fort Bragg, NC and was then transferred to Vietnam as a Corps level unit on 7 January 1967. Assigned to the Corps tactical zone II, 93rd MP BN, 16th MP Group. Served in the Qui Nhon area until 1971 when it was transferred to Cam Ranh Bay. Inactivated 30 January 1972 in Vietnam. Activated again the 21st of October 1977 in Germany. While in Germany the 127th MP CO fell under the 709th Military Police Company during their deployments to Iraq. The 127th MP Co relocated from Germany to Fort Carson CO, in the summer of 2008 and will formally re-station and be part of the 759th Military Police Battalion on the 24th of November 2008.
Campaign Participation Credit
World War II
- Iraq OIF II 2004, OIF 06-08
- Vietnam (1967-1972)
- Bosnia-Herzegovina (1995)
- Kosovo defense Campaign (1999, 2002)
- Meritorious Unit Commendation, Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1967-1968
- Republic of Vietnam Civil Action Honor Medal, First Class, Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1970-1971
- Superior Unit Streamer embroidered BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA 1995
148th MP "Wolf Pack"
The 148th Military Police Detachment was constituted on the 11th of December, 1935, as the 19th Military Police Company, and activated on the 5th of July, 1940, at Camp DeLesseps, Panama Canal Zone. The unit was then deactivated on the 23rd of January, 1942. Later, the unit was redesignated as the 19th Military Police Company on the 29th of January, 1953 and activated at Camp Carson, Colorado on the 3rd of March, 1953. Constituted 22nd of July 1965 in the Regular Army as the 148th Military Police Detachment. Activated on the 1st of September 1965 at Berkeley, California. Inactivated on 15th of October 1968 in Vietnam. The unit was later inactivated on the 15th of October, 1982, at Fort Carson, Colorado. Unit personnel and positions then became a derivative of the Garrison Table of Distribution and formed US Army Garrison Military Police, Company A.
On 16 June 1998, the unit was redesignated as the 148th Military Police Detachment, and began operations as a deployable Military Police Unit. The unit has deployed Military Police Teams to operational missions throughout the continental US, as well as overseas. Presently, the unit conducts Military Police Operations in support of III Corps and FORSCOM contingencies, while simultaneously providing Provost Marshal assets in support of garrison force protection and law enforcement operations on Fort Carson.
Campaign Participation Credit
- Defense; Counteroffensive; Counteroffensive, Phase II;
- Counteroffensive, Phase III
- Tet Counteroffensive
- Counteroffensive, Phase IV
- Counteroffensive, Phase V
984th MP "Immortals"
The 984th Military Police Company was constituted on the 14th of July, 1942 and activated on the 1st of August, 1942 at Camp Riley, Minnesota. The 984th Military Police Company was reorganized and redesignated on 10 August, 1945 as the 984th Military Police Company, Aviation. It was then inactivated on 1 December, 1945 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey. On 29 December, 1966 the unit was redesignated as the 984th Military Police Company and allotted to the Regular Army. The unit finally settled at Fort Carson, Colorado on 25 February, 1967. For the last 65 years the company has been deployed around the world from Northern Ireland, Panama, Kuwait, Somalia, Bosnia, Cuba, and Iraq. The unit last redeployed from Operation Iraqi Freedom in December 2007.
Campaign Participation CreditWorld War II
- European-African-Middle Eastern Theater - Streamer without inscription
- Defense of Saudi Arabia
- Liberation and Defense of Kuwait
- Iraq (OIF I and OIF 06-08)
- OEF X
- Guantanamo Bay
- Army Superior Unit Award 1996-1997
- Meritorious Unit Commendation 2004
- Army Superior Unit Award 10 Nov. 96 - 4 Apr. 97 and June 96 - 31 Dec. 97
- Meritorious Unit Commendation 14 Sep. 06 - 29 Oct. 07
- Valorious Unit Award 12 July - 20 Sep. 09
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award Dec. 92 - 4 May 93
Single Soldier Housing Office: 719-526-9709
The Single Soldier Housing Office (SSHO) is located in building 1454 on Nelson Boulevard. The Directorate of Public Works (DPW) Housing Division manages the SSHO. Unit leaders continue to lead Soldiers who live in the barracks. Unit leaders continue to be responsible for good order and discipline. The SSHO augments unit leaders by managing the barracks. Single Soldiers and unit leaders should contact the SSHO with questions associated with the barracks and call the SSHO to submit service requests for room repairs.