Deploying to a combat zone (CENTCOM)
Your unit can tell you if your Soldier is in a designated Combat Zone.
Below is a short video explaining Soldiers Money and Leave Entitlements while deployed to a combat zone
- Combat Zone Tax Exemption: Enlisted and Warrant Officers serving in a combat zone for any part of a month, all Soldier income for that month is exempt from federal taxes. Officers monthly exclusion is capped at the highest rate of enlisted pay, plus any hostile fire or imminent danger pay received
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) designated combat zones https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/combat-zones for tax purposes.
- Ways to Save on Regular Bills:
- Call your insurance companies to see about reduced car insurance.
- Call credit card companies to see if they will lower your interest rate while your Soldier is deployed.
- Call cell phone company and ask what offers may reduce your rates while your Soldier is deployed.