El Paso County Clerk and Recorder / DMV
Fort Carson Office
The on-post DMV is open by appointment only;
To schedule appointment click here, then:
- Click on “DMV Appointment; Click here to schedule” box
- Choose type of appointment: “Motor Vehicle: Titles, Registrations, and Other” or “Driver License: Renewal and Out-of-State Driver License Transfers”
- Select office location
- Choose appointment date (only dates with number in yellow circle are available)
- Choose appointment time
- Fill out contact information and choose how you want your appointment reminders to come (email or text message)
- Click on “Save Booking”
You will receive reminders of your upcoming appointment.
NOTE: Only the person completing the transaction is permitted; one transaction per appointment. Be sure you have all necessary paperwork, i.e., ID and insurance (if registering a vehicle), PCS orders to current unit and current LES. Please be considerate and bring your mask.
6351 Wetzel Ave., building 1525
Fort Carson, CO 80913
Motor Vehicle/Driver’s License/Recording/Elections Open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed all major holidays.
El Paso Clerk and Recorded proudly serves our military. Our offices provides services to include motor vehicle transactions, elections, recording and limited driver’s license services to active military and their Families, veterans and civilians.
El Paso County Clerk and Recorder: Chuck Broerman
Helpful Tips Do you have a title or registration from another state?
DR2698 VIN Verification required. This is completed by Colorado licensed automobile dealers or law enforcement
Are you active duty stationed in Colorado but not a resident?
Current orders and LES required for the Specific Ownership Tax exemption
Processing title/registration for someone else? Spouse? Friend? Family?
A Power of Attorney required to complete the transaction
Transferring your out of State Driver’s License to Colorado? The following documents are required:
- State or county issued birth certificate or U.S. Passport
- Original Social Security card, W2 or SSA-1099
- Two proofs of address. Acceptable documents listed at: http://car.elpasoco.com