Relocated Military Spouse Licensure

Relocated Spouse Licensure Reimbursement — up to $500
  • The military will reimburse up to $500 for relicensing which includes exams and registration fees. Spouses can submit for this if they are moving, as a spouse, with their Soldier on PCS orders to a new duty station in a new state that requires they relicense or recertify in order to work in the same profession in which they were engaged in while in the state of the last duty station.
  • This benefit is retroactive to December 2017 as long as you have all the proper paperwork.
  • Click here for details on how to apply for this reimbursement and Frequently Asked Questions.
Additional assistance from AER

Effective June 5, 2019, spouses seeking a relicensure due to a PCS may have their Soldiers apply to Army Emergency Relief (AER) to secure a loan for the initial $500 (since the Army will reimburse that) and then cover up to an additional $2,500 in fees. This is a needs based program. Soldiers need to apply for their spouses and be accepted before any money is spent on the relicensure process.

  • The same paperwork and forms as required for the $500 reimbursement must be completed. See the FAQs for that paperwork.
  • Soldiers who would like to submit for their spouse's relicensure will turn the forms for the AER support in to the Fort Carson AER office located at 1517 Ellis Street, building 1201, 719-526-4783.
  • You must apply within 180 days of the PCS move and assistance will be at the gaining duty station.
  • Click here for more information about this additional benefit.
DORA Military Liaison

Finding a job after a move

Local resources

National resources

Education Information

Considering pursuing a degree or continuing your education? Visit the Fort Carson Education Center